September 16, 2010

Who are YOU?

Sometimes it feels like we are trying to keep up with what every one else wants us to be. I remember in high school I completely lost who I was. I didn't know what I liked or what I wanted or even what made ME happy. I wanted to be what everyone else expected of me. And that got really hard because I had tons of different people that I was trying to make happy. So every which way I turned, I was trying to be someone different.
My mom always used to tell me that I was beautiful and it didn't matter what everyone else said. But those words are easier said and heard than actually believed. Because we live in the world we sometimes forget who and what actually matters. But we can't let other people tell us who we are. Don't ever let them!

We are children of God, He loves us more than ANYONE in this world ever could. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. (<--click for scriptures) And He is who really matters. What He expects of us is to be the best that we can; which is perfect to him. 

So, remember who you are. Remember that you are a son or daughter of God and you have divine qualities. And don't let anyone tell you that you are any less that what you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment