September 13, 2010

Missing Home

 Sometimes being away from your family makes each day longer and harder. I've been a full-time missionary for the Mormon Church for over a year now and it's one of the most awesome things I've done in my life. It's helped me have a better relationship with my Father in Heaven, but it's really hard sometimes.

But, I love knowing that I can be with my family forever!!! But, that knowledge doesn't always make it easy when I am away from them. I love my family so much! And I miss them every single day. I also Love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I love that he trusts me enough to be a missionary for HIS church. 

 My mom bought me a wooden plaque thing that said Mis*sion*ary: (noun) someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY. And its that very fact that keeps me going every day. 

I get to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ every single day. I get to help my testimony grow with each time I teach about the restored gospel. I get to learn to love the people of Rochester New York. (even when they slam the door in my face and tell me they are "all set" lol)

I love being a missionary for the Mormon Church!! What a Blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment