August 26, 2010

Patience is a Virtue... and SO HARD

picture from bigjimindustries.com
As a missionary you are with a companion 24 hrs a day 7 days a week and you can get moved around just about every 6 weeks to work in different areas of your mission. (my mission is all of western New York.) You get paired up and sent to the area you're needed by revelation given to your Mission President by Heavenly Father himself. But, sometimes as a missionary you wonder if Heavenly Father really knows you lol.

picture from http://felices2juntos.blogspot.com/
When I got transfer calls a couple weeks ago (transfer calls are given every 6 weeks to let you know what city you will be serving in and who your companion will be for the next 6 weeks) I started crying so hard. I had been working at the Church historical sites and because of all the time we spent AT the sites we didn't have hardly any time in our assigned areas. I LOVE TEACHING THE GOSPEL!!! And during that previous 6 weeks I had only taught ONE lesson.

I couldn't understand why Heavenly Father wanted to keep me at the sites for another transfer. I had been praying so hard for so many different things to happen and I felt like my prayers weren't being answered. After literally crying for almost 2 hours I received a phone call saying that the area I was being asked to serve in was going to be a full proselyting area.

http://www.greatchristiantshirts.com
How did I ever doubt Heavenly Father. Had I just kept trusting in him with all my heart I would have saved all those tears, and not gotten broken blood vessels in my eye. lol, I'm not even kidding :P 

This was just one of those simple ways Heavenly Father reminds us of his love for us. Why hadn't I gotten told right away that I was going to be doing exactly what I was praying for? Sometimes we don't always find out the answer, but I know in this case it was to help remind me that He really knows me!

I'm so grateful to have a Father in Heaven who is looking out for me and who truly knows me better than anyone else. I sure do love him!

1 comment:

  1. I love you. It so true! Sister Esper

    ReplyDelete